For the first time since Max has been born, I was able to cook a full meal. Cooking with a new baby is really challenging but I wanted to cook Yap a meal for all the meals he cooked for me.
Doing anything with a baby is all about logistics. Since Max still feeds quite often, I had to time it just right and pick recipes that were quick in prep time. So I decided to do a panko crusted salmon with roasted brussel sprouts and pancetta. I got the salmon recipe from Yap’s cousin Jen. It is delicious and so easy to make!! I got the roasted brussel sprouts and pancetta from epicurious. For the roasted brussel sprouts and pancetta recipe, click here. Below is the salmon recipe that I got from Jen. 🙂
panko crusted salmon
- salmon filet (size according to how many servings you want)
- olive oil
- dijon mustard
- panko breadcrumbs
- parsley or thyme
- salt and pepper
- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- brush both sides of the salmon with olive oil (helps from salmon sticking to the pan.)
- coat salmon with dijon mustard.
- in a bowl, toss panko breadcrumbs and olive oil. depending on serving size, for every 1/2 cup of panko toss it with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Chop up 1/4 cup of parsley and/or thyme and mix with panko breadcrumbs and olive oil. Take the mixture and press it into the salmon.
- put salmon in oven, 6 inch filet cooks between 10-12 minutes. Adjust cook time based on serving size.